To help the toy industry players understand more about up-to-date reviews of toy safety standards, testing and conformance requirements, a seminar on Toys Safety & Regulations Updates was jointly organised by Federation of Hong Kong Industries, Hong Kong Toys Council, The Toys Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong Limited and Hong Kong Trade Development Council at Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre on 9 January 2019.
Speakers including Mr Alan Kaufman from The Toy Association and Ms Catherine Van Reeth from Toy Industries of Europe were invited and Dr Vincent Tam, Advisor of Hong Kong Toys Council was the moderator of the Q & A session. The seminar attracted around 120 participants.
You may find the speakers’ presentation materials from the following links:
- Upcoming Changes to the ASTM F963 Toy Safety Standard: What you Need to Know
- by Mr Alan Kaufman, SVP, Technical Affairs, The Toy Association
- Update on EU Toy Safety Rules
- The EU Toy Safety Directive and other EU legislation Links to relevant websites
- by Ms Catherine Van Reeth, Director General, Toy Industries of Europe